Tuesday, January 22, 2013

An open letter to Coconut Milk!

Dear Coconut Milk,

Before you made a discreet entry into my life, I had given up on ever finding my inner beauty; the one that could set my own heart on fire! When you walked into my life, sparks flew and I knew instantly that it was you!

I was weary of the deceitful promises those expensive beauty products repeatedly made and broke my heart. I was devastated, upset and shattered until one fine day my doctor aunt introduced me to you. Brutally honest, I wasn't willing to let you be a part of my life that easily but her persistent attempts made me give up and while battling with that little apprehension, naïvely I started falling for you; so much that my beauty today is all thanks to you.

Did I hear you asking ‘why’? You must be kidding! Well, because I love the whole kit and caboodle. You are full of properties that are prodigious for my skin and body like Calcium, Iron, and natural proteins clubbed with Vitamins A and C. I am absolutely obsessed with you for being so rich and magnificent nurturing my hair and skin leaving it supple, shiny and glowing.

You are one of the most effective natural moisturiser on this planet and if combined with essential oils, you create a luxurious bathing product that I highly reckon after a strenuous day. Your presence in my life is so obstinate that I can never forget to add you along with a few drops of your other half, the coconut oil, to my bath; which is then followed by a massage with a body lotion enriched with your goodness that traps the moisture in my skin. You and the coconut oil share a splendid camaraderie and my bedtime routine is unfinished if I don't rub you both on my hands, knees, feet and elbows totally evading the need of those expensive manicures and pedicures. My lustrous and healthy long hair is an outcome of those regular head massages exploiting your camaraderie. With the help of products enriched with your goodness, I've managed to put the freezing winters to shame! Each day, after a healthy workout at gym, my preoccupation with the tender coconut water is purely splendid. Its powerful blend of sugar, vitamins, antioxidants, proteins, fibre, and minerals helps render a much needed symmetry to my body. 

Eva Longoria is supposed to use placenta protein for her skin radiance. Victoria Beckham is told to include nightingale droppings into her everyday beauty routine. Had someone familiarized them to your goodness and aura, they certainly wouldn't be craving for such bizarre beauty regimes!

What more can I say! After twelve years of togetherness, my husband says he is still crazy about me. It makes me wonder whether he loves me because I am beautiful or am I beautiful because I am loved!

Thank you for charming me with this magical world of natural and therapeutic beauty!

Yes, I adore you and forever will!

Love, 
Me


‘They say you fall in love only once, it can’t be true. Every time I look at you I fall in love all over again!’ Love Dobara….how romantic!



(This is my entry to the 'Goodness of Coconut for Skin' contest organised by Parachute Advansed Body Lotion in co-ordination with the leading on-line publication for Women...Women's Web)

Pic Courtesy: Google Images


2 comments:

  1. very unique take on the topic ! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maliny....read your post, too! Awesome one!

      Delete