Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A new beginning...

Google Image
Here I am….well, honestly, this is not the first time I am attempting to blog. I have been there….done it…didn’t find it too interesting to keep me glued…quit it! But, this time it’s different. It’s different because I have been wanting to share my feelings, my emotions, my sentiments and I needed a space where I can all let it out. So, I guess, blogging is the only option, that I can encash on. It’s not that I don’t have friends or other important people in my life with whom I can share all of above. But sharing without being judgmental is the key. Isn’t it? So, here I go….again….for good….for better!
This is my first (well, officially) blog and I feel that, as you have chosen to read it, you deserve to know a bit about me. To begin with, I am a Mother…yes, The Mother and that pretty much explains about me. Ok….I understand. I have been married to the most amazing gentleman for the last 11 years and have enjoyed being his wife immensely. Yes, you guessed it right. I love him and to death. He completes me. He re-creates me as a wife and as an individual person. I don’t think I have ever been regarded and respected as much as this man does to me. Well, I repeat, he completes me.
Google Image
Our eternal bond is complete with our 2 beautiful children. Well…Twins. Our son and our daughter, now almost five and a half, makes us believe this very strange yet lovely relationship called Parents. While I write this, you can’t imagine, how enjoyable it is to be a parent, a mom to two kids of same age, just born two minutes apart. Sometimes, it really makes me so proud to see them growing…from infancy to toddler-hood. This journey has been extremely remarkable yet not so easy. Who would agree to me if I told you I have enjoyed feeding my two babies day in and day out? Who would believe that I have loved those sleepless nights nursing them, attending to their diaper needs and vague feeding patterns? Yes, it hasn’t been enjoyable at all times. Honestly, not at all. But believe me, once the infancy passed by, there has been lesser incidents where I have felt depressed in their company…holding them…playing with them…bathing them. Sometimes I wonder, why was I chosen to be the mother of Twins? But I get the answer when I get kissed twice when I drop them to their school pick-up bus…when I get hugged twice when they come back from school…when I get two cuddling requests when I tuck them into bed at night. I get my answer that someone out there really wanted to shower me with love, care, affection, hugs, kisses, cuddles…and everything else in the multiples of two. Thank you ‘That Someone’….If I ever meet you in person, I promise to give you two kisses for this life and for this role.
Google Image
My life couldn’t have been completed without the third factor. A career. Well, technically I don’t have one right now. Have been on a sabbatical since the birth of my little ones. But I have always enjoyed working and hence that definitely deserves a mention here….although, quite brief. But I do hope to get back to my corporate life one day…I don’t know when…I don’t know how. All I know is I will be there one day and the day isn’t too far!
Today is Ganesh Chaturti. The festival, also known as Ganeshotsav (“festival of Ganesha”) is observed in the Hindu calendar month of Bhaadrapada, starting on the shukla chaturthi (fourth day of the waxing moon period). The date usually falls between 19 August and 20 September. The festival lasts for 10 days, ending on Anant Chaturdashi (fourteenth day of the waxing moon period).
Lord Ganesh at my home in Goa
Traditional stories tell that Lord Ganesha was created by goddess Parvati, consort of Lord Shiva. Parvati created Ganesha out of sandalwood paste that she used for her bath and breathed life into the figure. She then set him to stand guard at her door while she bathed. Lord Shiva returned and, as Ganesha didn’t know him, he didn’t allow him to enter. Lord Shiva became enraged and asked his follower ghosts to teach the child some manners. Ganesha, being born of Parvati, the embodiment of shakti or power was very powerful himself. He defeated the ghost-followers (called as the “gana”s)and declared nobody was allowed to enter while his mother was bathing. Sensing a growing turmoil, the sage of heavens, Narada, along with the Saptarshi (the seven wise rishis) went to appease the boy with no results. Angered, the king of Gods, Indra attacked the boy with his entire heavenly army but even they didn’t stand a chance. By then, this issue had become a matter of pride for Parvaati and Shiva. After the devas were defeated, the trinity, the controller, preserver and destroyer of the universe launched an attack against Ganesha. Amidst the fight, Shiva severed the head of the child. And brought on Parvaati’s rage. Seeing her son dead, Parvaati revealed her true self, as the Adi-shakti, the prime energy that fuels the universe and sustains matter. Taking on a terrible form, she vowed to destroy the universe where her son was killed and re-create a better one. The Gods prostrated before her and Shiva promised that her son will live again. The trinity hunted the world for a head and came across a mother elephant crying for her dead baby. They consoled the mother and fixed the head of the baby elephant in place of Ganesha’s head. Lord Shiva also declared that from this day, the boy would be called as “Ganesha” (Gana-Isha=lord of the Ganas). In this way, Lord Ganesha came to be depicted as the elephant-headed God.
Satyanarayan Puja at my home in Goa
Each year since our marriage, we have visited my mother’s place for the festival. I have been fortunate to be present on such auspicious occasion at my parents house even after my marriage. However, this year, I missed it and I am feeling quite low regarding the same. But my mother’s impending visit is a good reason to move on and look forward to.
Well….this was about me, for right now. There’s whole lot of it to come out but will eventually.
Ok, then. It’s 11:40 pm and the tiredness and sleep is slowly taking me over and if not right now, they’ll soon win me over. See you soon..I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Hello!! Hello!!! Finally the tables have turned and I get to read you :) Good thing too coz at the moment I've been struck by Blogger inertia :P Am so happy you've decided to do this and look forward to reading all about your antics ;-)

    All the Best!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot....I needed some 'me' space to vent out myself and hence this venture.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete