Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy 2014!

2014….yet another new beginning….yet another fresh expedition…

I would like to start this New Year with a small appeal…

God grant me the serenity to
Accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can.
And the wisdom to know the difference.
                                     -Reinhold Niebuhr

I am not somebody who stalwartly believes in making the resolutions at the commencement of each year. It’s not that I never practiced so…Of course, I did! However, I soon recognized that most resolutions meet a disastrous finale….some gets just overlooked over the period while some just gets out of the memory lane and the lingering ones are just given a clean miss over other urgencies… In all conscience, I have experienced all of the above and hence I do not make any resolutions and take life the way it’s thrown upon me.

We had a fabulous Christmas vacation with my Mom joining in from Goa. Kids were exhilarated to be with their Aaji and so did she. Those 10 days were truly remarkable as both of them could spend some quality time together. Well, as far as I am concerned, I have outdone the age of being ecstatic at my Mom’s arrival. It’s not that I don’t like her being around…I certainly do. However, I like to find pleasure in doing things which at times she doesn’t favour. And the real awkwardness is born when she finds it tough to express it. My relations with her now are more like soul mates than mother-daughter. We discuss the entire world under this moon may it be from her job to my maids to what-she-should-be-wearing-for-a-function….And I love it that way.  Well, I love her and I wish her a very healthy and happy life.

Now that the schools have resumed, I am back to the grind….and so are the kids.  I am hoping that 2014 will motivate me harder to keep up to writing and updating my blog in addition to my other assignments.



Have a wonderful 2014!  


No comments:

Post a Comment